May 15, 2015
May 15, 2015
Last Saturday, some of our 5th grade students participated in the Middlesex Math Madness Competition at Memorial School. Students worked individually and in groups to solve some very intricate problems. Garrett A. walked away with a third place win! Way to go FW problem solvers. Visit Mrs. Lynch's blog for more info on this special day...
A BIG thank you to Mrs. Lynch's class for spending some time on Friday cleaning up our school grounds. Francis Wyman looks great this Spring with our new school sign, flowers blooming, and clean campus!
The Burlington Community Concert Series helps you kick off the long weekend with “Let’s Hang On!” America’s #1 Frankie Valli Tribute Band, a one-night-only performance on Friday, May 22, in the Fogelberg Performing Arts Center located in Burlington High School. Traveling to Burlington straight from their engagement at Foxwoods Casino, Let’s Hang On! will feature all the mega hits of The Four Seasons including “Sherry,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” “Oh What A Night,” and “Who Loves You.” Tickets are $5-$25; reserved seats; BurlingtonTheatre.com, 781-A-FUN-TIC and at the door. THIS EVENT IS GONNA ROCK!!! For more info about "Let's Hang On" including video of performances visit http://letshangon.com
Reporting to the Council on Aging Director and the Program Coordinator, this part-time position is responsible to recruit and coordinate volunteers from the local community for the Bridges Together program, an intergenerational program that brings adults over the age of 55, children and educators together in academically and socially invigorating environments. (http://www.bridgestogether.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate to volunteers via email, letter, and phone call
- Communicate with school program coordinator and Director of COA as well as on occasion with classroom teachers
- Communicate with local groups and organizations for recruitment and publicity, including local religious establishments, senior housing and assisted living facilities, and local media
- Maintain volunteer list and participation records using Google Docs
- Keep live documents of volunteers updated for each session via Google Docs
- Organize 25-40 volunteers for classroom visits at scheduled times and help coordinate reunion at Senior Center
- Attend training for Volunteer Coordinator held by Bridges Together, conduct orientation meetings 4x/year for volunteers, help plan and attend meetings at Senior Center 4x/year, and attend the beginning of many of the 24 one-hour program sessions throughout the year
- Maintaining accurate and confidential records
Minimum of a high school diploma required. Must be proficient with email and Google docs, possess strong interpersonal skills, public speaking skills, positive attitude, flexibility, comfort taking initiative, and willingness to work and share responsibilities with others, and flexibility. Requires excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
This is a pilot position, through the 2015-2016 school year with a stipend of $2,500. Hours are primarily weekdays with some nights and occasional weekend work, approximately 5-10 hours per week with great flexibility for the duration of the appointment. Position will begin on , and will require an initial planning meeting on or about .
Position will remain open until filled.
Please note: MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. A CORI check would only be completed on an applicant as a final step in the interview process. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon notification to the Town of Burlington that the applicant has “No Record” on file.