End of Year Excitement at FWS!
Grade 5 enjoyed the Gutter Boat Championship...
Lego Robotics Club displayed their creations...
Grade 3 students competed in the 3rd Annual Fundations Spelling Bee this week. Aryan Kulkarni came in second and Megha Iyer was first this year. Congrats to all the third graders. Fabulous job!
We are looking for a parent volunteer to help recruit volunteers (55+ local residents) to participate in Bridges Together, a program for fourth graders in Burlington. We would like to expand the program to reach more of the fourth grade classrooms but we need additional volunteers to be able to expand.
Dates: June 2014 - June 2015
- Help support the Bridges programs at Francis Wyman and throughout the community – being a bridge between the program, school and the wider community
- Attend the kick-off celebration and a ½ day training in September and be in touch with the Volunteer Coordinator(s) throughout the year via email and/or phone
- Work as a team to recruit seniors for all schools. This includes:
- Posting flyers around town
- Getting blurbs into their school newsletters and religious organization bulletins
- Talking to leaders in organizations they belong to – and helping to coordinate short presentations on Bridges
Attend the reunion (one morning, ) for your school if your schedule permits