Proposed Re-districting Time Line
Present proposal to each elementary school and provide opportunity for feedback and comments.
Approve new enrollment zones and transition plan
Elementary Redistricting Principles
1. Assign a student capacity to each elementary school – approximately 80-85%.
2. Redistricting to impact all four elementary schools equally – neighborhoods will not be reassigned solely due to the need for additional specialist staff.
3. As much as practicable, assign neighborhoods to the same elementary school.
4. If practical, students will not ride on school bus past an elementary school to reach a home elementary school.
5. All four elementary schools will have programmatic equality for all students.
6. To the extent possible, equally distribute apartment complexes between the four schools.
7. Research new housing developments approved by the Town and assign them to an elementary school.
8. Allow students who will be in grade 5 in September 2011 the option to remain in their home school for one year with parents responsible for providing transportation. If this opportunity is exercised, the request must be submitted to the Superintendent by (date TBD).